View Single Post
Old 11-04-2014, 08:39 AM   #523
HANS

Default Re: Gaming Ballistic - GURPS Content Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheOneRonin View Post
That's assuming you aren't doing AoAs, which give you 1/2 move, probably 3 yards for John Wick. Like I mentioned earlier, I don't see any clear footage in either of the two clips where he moves more than 3 yards between shots.

Sighted shooting requires an AoA per TS, so he can easily move 2 - 3 yards between AoAs.
You are right that All-out Attack allows you 1/2 Move without penalty, possibly making the Close-Quarter Battle technique in this case unnecessary (but see below). However, there are many scenarios where you need to take more than three steps, and All-out Attack only allows forward movement, as well. As soon as you have to turn a corner, frex, you're taking Move and Attack. There's also occasions where you move sideways, backwards, or have to swivel your torso to fire to the side (which is not specifically mentioned in the Basic Set, but which I'd very much rule to fall under this as well). In the second clip at 0:30, he's turning a corner while moving, I think (it's a bit confused because of the change of POV), which I'd already define as Move and Attack, not All-out Attack.

Cheers

HANS