View Single Post
Old 06-19-2014, 12:36 AM   #22
Tomsdad

Default Re: Other Weapons with Fencing Stances

I like the technique idea, have different weapons starting at different defaults* to reflect their suitability for being used in this way. I'd also require anything that is normally (U)nbalanced to take the defensive attack penalty on damage when being used to fence with.

1). 'U' and F' are IMO pretty mutually exclusive both in effect and underlying explanation

2). it helps with the idea that a fencing style of fighting doesn't really mesh well with front heavy, full strength swung attacks.

I'd probably not allow weapon modes with (‡) to do this. They'd have to use their thrusting attack modes that aren't (‡) if they have them. (no fencing with Gada's sorry)

*you could come up with some categories but the default could be the combination of some of the weapons stats e.g (weapon weight + highest damage mod) so a long sword used in one hand would be -6, a mace would be -8, a rapier -4, a 1 handed spear -6 etc

The max for the technique would be the underling skill.

(There's probably some oddities to this system, thrusting broadswords will have a worse default than non thrusting one for example, but as general rule of thumb it seems quick and easy rather than agonising over what category every weapon would fit into, but you could add some caveats pretty easily)

Last edited by Tomsdad; 06-19-2014 at 04:04 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote