View Single Post
Old 04-26-2012, 05:16 AM   #48
SCAR

Default Re: GURPS Official Template List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
Nope. It builds on the K-9A racial template, treating that as an element of the new lens/template.
Quite right, I missed the reference in the Notes (I had expected the racial template to be listed with the Advantages!)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil Masters View Post
To be honest, some of those are definitely on the borderline between lenses and templates...
And this is my real point/question. Imion has removed the Evil Cleric and Unholy Warrior because they are Lenses, but they are used as full Professions in DF11, so really deserve to be in the list as Full Templates. Which leads to Kuroshima's Saint and Warrior Saint from Pyr#3/36 being listed. Which leaves the question of exactly where the borderline should be?

Eric's idea might be the answer:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ericbsmith View Post
My thought on this, after thinking on it for a long while, is that it would be nice to have a separate list (in a later post0 which includes the lenses. In addition, templates which have lenses listed should have a link to that post. That way it kind of satisfies the best of both worlds.
This should allow all potentially valid Templates/Lenses to be listed, even if there is then questions as to whether some specific combinations should be on the Template List or the Lens list!
SCAR is offline   Reply With Quote