View Single Post
Old 10-01-2014, 09:51 AM   #3
Monsewer

Default Re: Advice for Interstellar Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Seems like you could relocate Secret of the Ancients easily enough, changing the heavies from Zhodani to Vilani (assuming your crew is Solomani). I'm not familiar with the modern product by that name from Mongoose, but it looks like it's meant to be a long adventure series or campaign, so there might be a lot of stuff to mine there.

Do you want the astrobiologist to actually learn the answer? That is, it's the main enigma for the campaign? Or is that just a driving motivation for the character to get out and explore?
Thanks! I'll check out Secrets of the Ancients. Looks like it's available as a free download from Mongoose.

I don't have a problem with her learning the answer, but from a realistic perspective it seems unlikely she'd be able to do it without a vast amount of financing and a long period of peace. The woman playing her is a scientist herself, so she understands that if we play the game realistically, the character may never find out the answer. I do like the idea if we pick up playing in the Third Imperium a descendent of hers does discover the truth.

Last edited by Monsewer; 10-01-2014 at 09:56 AM.
Monsewer is offline   Reply With Quote