View Single Post
Old 02-02-2019, 06:33 PM   #24
William

Default Re: Can In Nomine be resurrected?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dataweaver View Post
Elaborating a bit on that, a G4e IN is only of interest to people who like G4e and IN, and see them as two great tastes that taste great together.
I think that's a true statement, and I would say that new material would be published in the native setting. It's just that material has been published with GURPS 3e stats and would now need to be published with 4e stats unless it was held to the old system, which I would call a liability.

How about this for a focusing question: what exactly would we want to Kickstart? Here are some of the ideas that seem to be floating around:

IN Update: What would go in this? I would suggest the following:
* Advance the timeline to the modern day. Alter some of the significant elements of the setting to fit modern pressures -- kill and establish some Tethers, alter some Word politics, perhaps drop some noodle incidents in the 2000s to leave some hooks for a new adventure collection.
* Finally publish the IN-native Grigori and Skulker material, including the now-defunct Choir Attunements and potential Band Attunements. This could also be a major 2000s incident -- their existence is confirmed and Hell starts acquiring Skulkers, even while Heaven leaves them Outcast.
* Update the GURPS conversion notes to 4e over the space of a few pages (most material will be similar in point costs and effects), and add some wordcount on placing the IN universe into the Infinite Worlds.
* Make any rules updates that Beth feels the line has accumulated a need for in the past few years.

A new Superior:
* Just that. Standard IN publication in native system format.
* GURPS stats are 4e. Comes with a short free separate updater document of the style "alter the following traits from GIN3e."

Other suggestions?
William is offline   Reply With Quote