View Single Post
Old 01-25-2019, 11:42 AM   #2
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: [Dragon Heresy] Good adventures to convert?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Apollonian View Post
So I picked this up, and am impatiently waiting for the Lost Hall of Tyr to hit my doorstep. But in the meantime, I've started a campaign with my usual gang, and find I have less time for crafting adventures than I thought. Can anyone recommend some good D&D modules for low-level characters (of any edition) that will port over to Dragon Heresy with minimal effort?
You could always start with a classic: The Keep on the Borderlands. Say either that the Keep is actually Northwatch/Nordvorn, or put a remote castle northwest of Northwatch with convenient caves.

You might have to do a bit of monster substitution and conversion, but if you have the 5e Monster Manual, that's not hard. Pretty much EVERYTHING is right out of the book, except.

Threat DC is just 10 + the monster's DEX bonus
Hit DC is 18+ DEX Bonus+Proficiency (which if you can't find it is buried in the proficiency bonus by challenge rating table or some such)

DR needs to be extrapolated a bit: take the difference between a critter's AC from the book and its Threat DC. The difference is due to armor. Multiply by the scaling factor used for control maximum/size (1.0 for Medium, 1.5 for Large, 2 for Huge, etc) to get it's DR.

Control Points for a grapple are based on the creature's Hit Die (mostly; you won't go wrong).

Vigor is hit points.

Vigor dice are hit dice

Wound Maximum is (CON + STR Bonus) x Size Scaling factor

Control Point Maximum is (STR + DEX Bonus) x Size scaling factor

I have run - off the cuff with no prep - more than one OSR or 5e adventure simply with those rules and looking up the monster - or a convenient analog - in the section in the back.

Actually, if you have Lost Hall 1e, you can run it with that, too. All of the monsters can be looked up in the monster section of the core book.

I should be getting a preliminary file out within the week to upgrade Lost Hall, after you'll have Hall of Judgment in Dragon Heresy format, for Level 1-5.
DouglasCole is offline   Reply With Quote