View Single Post
Old 07-10-2020, 08:08 AM   #8
AllenOwen

Default Re: Clerics and deities

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kromm View Post
It looks like this is a blended GURPS Dungeon Fantasy / Dungeon Fantasy Roleplaying Game discussion. While the games are compatible, they aren't the same. The latter game cuts out some troublesome spells, and tweaks the cleric's template and abilities slightly.

As has been pointed out, if you want to match clerics to gods and don't mind following the full-on GURPS path, Phil Masters's excellent GURPS Dungeon Fantasy 7: Clerics is the place to look.

But if, as is more appropriate for this forum, you want to stick to the DFRPG, then I wouldn't hesitate to recommend Kevin Smyth's Hand of Asgard. That can easily be made generic to do for the DFRPG what Clerics does for GURPS Dungeon Fantasy. It works specifically within the DFRPG framework, and is as "official" as it gets, since Kevin (and Doug Cole) ran everything by me for approval.
I can see where the edges betwixt GURPS DF and DFRPG are getting blurred here. Easy to do, as the rules are more or less the same...
I got my answer though; in fact DF 7 is what I'll be needing, and I'll be getting Hands of Asgard and DF 7 as soon as finances allow. I was just wondering about using DFRPG in a specific setting,since "old school" AD&D was also setting agnostic, like DFRPG is setting agnostic. But to do that would mean taking DFRPG out of it's framework a little, which I don't mind doing at all.
AllenOwen is offline   Reply With Quote