View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 07:05 PM   #33
Bruno

Default Re: Crafting fantastic dungeon creatures in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rasputin View Post
Take the extra percentage needed out of Insect. Unless you really want 10% of all monsters being Insects. (Pigeon likes everything to be the same chance for everything.)
twitch Why make me roll two dice if they don't USE the extra precision! twitch

I stole from Alien as well as Insect and (to a lesser extent) Amorphous. I like Elder Things but I don't think they should be every-day.

Quote:
I think splitting Mundane into Mundane (Humanoid) and Mundane (Supernatural Beast) would solve most of my issues with that, the more I think about it. Peter's logic has something to it.
I actually like that they've gone into more detail in the "mundane" category, because a little concrete detail goes a looong way for me when trying to figure out what something is. That's why I love the hordelings :)

Quote:
It couldn't look dumber than the Agitar on page 27. For those without the book: think a cross between a Grell and Peter Gabriel's Slipperman costume.
It's scribbled in blue pen. So...

Quote:
I was actually doing something like this for Will and Per for non-animals, though I wasn't explicit; I always left HP and FP alone unless I had a reason, not a roll. Note that almost no monster in any GURPS product has extra FP without an ability that uses FP.
Good point about FP, but adding a little more HP to monsters can be a really useful idea. And, I really felt like tables today. In retrospect I might treat it as +-10% simply because that's how the basic set lists suggested attribute limits - that and huge monsters should get more than +3 HPs if they're supposed to have lots of HP.

Quote:
High HT monsters is a pet peeve of mine too. I wonder if going straight 10-14 for HT would be better.
Not sure. It's a thought, for sure.

Quote:
Looks totally cool! And I wish I still had my MM2 now -- I only have my Fiend Folio left from 1e. (I am so Marcie from Dork Dungeons, except I'm a guy and I never could get a prom date.)
Well, I just found this, if it helps you any :) It's not identical to the MMII tables, and seems to be 3eD&D or some other D20 fantasy, but I think it's quite good-enough :D

Last edited by Bruno; 03-22-2012 at 07:17 PM. Reason: got distracted and hit send before I was done.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote