View Single Post
Old 03-22-2012, 06:44 PM   #32
Rasputin

Default Re: Crafting fantastic dungeon creatures in GURPS

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
I'm treating (10+ST adjust.) from the Size table as %age of Potency ST, and also added in a SM -1 and SM +1 row :)
An early draft of mine had two size tables: one for humanoids and one for everything else. Simply going with a totally new table might work even better.
Quote:
This evening I might make a customized-for-DF class table as a drop in replacement too.
Take the extra percentage needed out of Insect. Unless you really want 10% of all monsters being Insects. (Pigeon likes everything to be the same chance for everything.) I think splitting Mundane into Mundane (Humanoid) and Mundane (Supernatural Beast) would solve most of my issues with that, the more I think about it. Peter's logic has something to it.
Quote:
I will attempt to draw this later - there is not much in the way of CG that will help me here I think, so it's going to look very cheap 70s D&D art (how appropriate!)
It couldn't look dumber than the Agitar on page 27. For those without the book: think a cross between a Grell and Peter Gabriel's Slipperman costume.
Quote:
I'm rolling separately for ST, DX, IQ, Move adjustment, DR on Rasputin's tables. I'm using a baseline HT of 12 and HP, Will, Per, and FP = to their base attributes and use the Move column to adjust it, rather than treating them as core attributes. HT is going on the list because I don't like extreme HT values on monsters.
I was actually doing something like this for Will and Per for non-animals, though I wasn't explicit; I always left HP and FP alone unless I had a reason, not a roll. Note that almost no monster in any GURPS product has extra FP without an ability that uses FP.

High HT monsters is a pet peeve of mine too. I wonder if going straight 10-14 for HT would be better.
Quote:
Next post: stat block!
Looks totally cool! And I wish I still had my MM2 now -- I only have my Fiend Folio left from 1e. (I am so Marcie from Dork Dungeons, except I'm a guy and I never could get a prom date.)

My GURPS blog.
Rasputin is offline   Reply With Quote