View Single Post
Old 12-13-2011, 02:21 AM   #12
Mailanka

Default Re: Will buy: UT2: Revised / Reworked Weapon Tables (Post-Pyramid etc.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kuroshima View Post
While I understand that I would be in the minority, I would have no issues with a "revised" edition for any books, notably UT (to make it work better with HT), HT (to make it work better with LT) and Magic (to make it work better with the whole system). I would pay again for shiny color hardcovers of them too.
I'm not sure how much of a minority we would be in. GURPS has revised things before. I'm pretty sure 3e had two different editions of Horror and Supers, for example, and GURPS 3e had its own revised edition.

Of course, GURPS 3e had a very long lifespan, but I expect 4e will as well. I can imagine a "new edition" of Magic and UT, particularly Magic (while there are complaints about UT, it's at least more compatible with 4e than Magic is) happening before the end of 4e, though I expect if they do make a new edition of these books, it won't be for some years, and might not be in the same format as the previous books (smaller PDF "chapters" or something, testing the water)