View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 05:13 PM   #40
Nymdok

Default Re: Z tactics against Military

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phoenix_Dragon View Post
You seem to be assuming a purely static line defense for a force that's trained extensively in defense-in-depth and other mobile defensive techniques. It sounds like you're thinking Napoleonic-era tactics...
I should definately footnote that Im not learned in military tactics, modern or otherwise. Heck I dont even read Tom Clancy novels ;-)

Im just doing a bit of 'back of the envelope' thinking and trying to see if there is a way that the zombies could have enough numbers to actually be a viable threat. We established in another thread that for the 'typical' case, Zed is no match for well trained millitary. Iim letting the number of enemies go large and seeing if that changes. Towards that end, I was just trying to see how many Zed would/could be killed by a fully loaded tank. And if the USA has enough tanks to factor largely in the estimations. Assuming all the bullets hit, with headshots, pretty much negates tactics. No tactic is going to get you better than 100% :)

Were treating the case of the USA vs Zombie World because this is probably where alot of us would set a game. If we were considering, say, Zombie World vs Costa Rica or Lichtenstein, we would of course come to different conclusions based on their military (I dont think either country has one).

Nymdok

Last edited by Nymdok; 10-16-2012 at 05:17 PM.
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote