View Single Post
Old 10-16-2012, 02:22 PM   #35
Nymdok

Default Re: Z tactics against Military

Quote:
Originally Posted by starslayer View Post
I think I just thought up a good scenario that would allow for a 'the zombies do rule'.

Infected oil.

Oil is vitrified dino-blood, what if ye-old crude is the original zombie vector, coughs, hacks and weird behaviour from oil miners is generally pretty par for the course. It gets a bit of the 'dug too deep, too greedily' factor going, and your original infection path IS your supply chain, so the things you need working the most are the things that are going to break the hardest. As I understand it the backlog of refined oil products is generally only good for a week or two (and a month or two in the military). If multiple major refineries are offline infection hubs while simultaneously the infection is branching off from supply lines the military could end up exhausting there fuel reserves before they get a good understanding of whats going on, worse still the number of soldiers who would get infected from trying to re-secure those supply lines before the cause of the infection is identified could radically damage the number of support personnel in the respective armed forces of any nation. Couple this with a massive oil spill of the infected dino-goo along a major coast and you have a huge source of initial infection to start off the cataclysmic that tends to re-ignight periodically as new pockets of oil wash up elsewhere.
Wow, fossil fuels as THE original zombie carrier. That is an Idea worth exploring! The entier energy chain all the way down to the consumer, and almost the entire plastics chain would be at risk.

Nymdok
Nymdok is offline   Reply With Quote