View Single Post
Old 10-23-2016, 12:52 PM   #19
sir_pudding
Wielder of Smart Pants

Default Re: Rules and hints for improvisation and creativity in combat situations

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kelly Pedersen View Post
That's what I'd do, yeah, particularly the Player Guidance suggestion. As an addition to that, you could consider a house rule of giving out some "free" player guidance for good Tactics or Observation skills. The way I'd work that is allowing characters to take a turn to roll Per-based Tactics or Observation (as a Concentrate maneuver). If they succeed, they get two free points to use for Player Guidance, plus one additional point for every 5 points of margin of success. The points have to be used during the combat or encounter, and they also go away if there's a significant change of scenery within the combat.
I'm reluctant to give out multiple point pools for impulse buys because it can get confusing quickly (so I have two Serendipity points, three Destiny points, two Wildcard points that apply, these unspent points, and now I get more points from just making an Observation roll?) and also this suggestion somewhat allows ordinary skills to replace Wildcard points.
sir_pudding is offline   Reply With Quote