View Single Post
Old 01-30-2014, 02:07 AM   #5
Tomsdad

Default Re: [Last Gasp] Mighty Warriors: Which Advantages and Skills Count?

I tend to allow "soldiering skills" especially for settings beyond melee combat where you want to model the tiring (physical and mental) effect of ongoing gun fights etc.

My rationale for this is to give professional fighters, an edge over less professional ones by dint of their training preparing them for combat situations in a more holistic way than just being better shots or better with a sword etc,

"train how you fight, fight how you train" etc.

Basically I want a less experienced combatant to be breathless and exhausted after a prolonged fight and the professional to have dealt with it with more aplomb. And while some of that can be modelled by having you're super delta force dudes having high HT, high HT is a general advantage.

But then I do like any system that stops PCs being the combat robots where each second is used to maximum efficiency to execute each well planned action decided from the comfort of the table top as many times as it takes to achieve a kill.

Of course the problem with this is different combat situations are different so sometimes have I haver reassess AP totals (or even reassess AP totals for specific actions). I try to get the players to work with me on that.

But as an example someone with some points in the CQB technique will get some APs for taking actions in kill house etc, etc.

Incidentally going off the examples of athletes in the other thread, I'd give APs for running skills when running etc, etc.

Last edited by Tomsdad; 02-03-2014 at 08:17 AM.
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote