View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 02:22 PM   #9
cmdicely

Default Re: Allowing Technique Mastery with Dual-Weapon Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper6 View Post
That is not a good idea. Style perks come at 1 per 10pts. You want to keep it in the realm of General Combat Perks, which come at 1 per 20pts.
No, I want to keep it as a Style-only Perk. And then not have it as part of any style where I don't want it. Note that the other thing with Style Perks is that, where they require specialization, the specializations allowed can be part of the listing in the style.

Quote:
So, basically. You can't get TM: DWA unless:
1) You have a Style, and DWA is part of that Style. But also since DWA is a cinematic technique, you also have to have either Trained by a Master or Weapon Master.
2) You then have an open General Combat Perk (which costs 20pts of combat skills, not 10pts of Style skills) that you can use for TM:DWA.
If you don't allow it as a General Combat Perk, you can't get it unless:
  1. You have a style
  2. DWA is part of that style
  3. You have TBaM or WM
  4. TM:DWA is a style perk listed for the style
  5. You then have an open Style Perk that you can use for TM:DWA

Sure, it takes less points in skill (if they are all in the Style), but you can only get it where it is a perk of the style. Which, incidentally, I don't think it is for any listed styles in Martial Arts. And it won't be in any other styles in a game unless the GM thinks that it makes sense for the style. (This also easily contains abuse of crossover TMs, since presumably a GM just won't approve any style with abusable combinations of TMs on its list of Perks.)
cmdicely is offline   Reply With Quote