View Single Post
Old 12-06-2012, 10:34 AM   #2
ladyarcana55

Default Re: [OCC] Poll : What makes a good PbP game? (will be applied)

Quote:
Originally Posted by ericthered View Post
Genre: Fantasy, DF, Science Fiction, Supers, Space Opera and others. Which make you say "I've got to play this", and which do you particularly avoid?
For me...Supers, Modern Day genres and Fantasy, in the order

Quote:
Activities Planned: Do you prefer solving puzzles? or is it combat that enthuses you? How important is character development? Is negotiation an enjoyable part of play?
I love puzzles and character development. What's the point of playing if there is no development? I'm lukewarm when it comes to combat and negotiation, but I'd rather do negotiation than combat.

Quote:
Supplement materials: Which sets of rules make or break a PbP game for you? This includes Cinematic vs Realistic, G:Magic, Thuamology, Supers, Psionic Powers, DF, MH, MA, and so forth.
This really makes no difference to me.

Quote:
Plot: how important is the plot? do you avoid games without it, and only go for ideas that sound cool? do you prefer just wandering around letting characters make their own decisions? And is this question even an issue?
There should be a plot. What's the point in playing a game if there is no plot? Why work towards something if there is nothing to work for? Long term plots makes things really interesting and fun for me

Quote:
Power Level: Do you love working with mounds of points? is such a prospect dull to you? does it matter by genre? similarly, (but not the same) do you enjoy being world shakers, or do you want to deal with peers? or is this even an issue?
For me, this isn't really an issue

Quote:
House Rules: Are they annoying or wonderful? If depends, what determines this? or are they just all par for the course?
For me, it's expected. Every GM has their way of doing things and house rules reflect that. It's not a big deal

Quote:
Gaming Group: Different players and GMs cause games to behave differently. when using PbP on this forum, how important is who is already playing in the game, or GMing it?
I have been in a few PbP games where I have not had good experiences. As such, if certain people are playing or running the game, I won't take part in it.

Quote:
Other issues: what other issues strongly effect how well a pbp game runs?
For me? How everyone gets along, and if the GM will step in when needed.

I was in a game where my character was purposely ignored by everyone and the GM did nothing to remedy that. When I asked about it, he tells me that my character wasn't fitting well with the group. I had asked everyone if the character was okay and no one said there was a problem. If they had I would have changed the character. But more than that...the GM should have said something to me and I feel he should have made an effort to include me.
ladyarcana55 is offline   Reply With Quote