Thread: Painting minis
View Single Post
Old 02-11-2020, 11:08 AM   #49
Magesmiley

Default Re: Painting minis

Quote:
Originally Posted by beetle496 View Post
A.C. Moore is closing, if you happen to have one of their stores near you. I picked up a bunch of metallic spray paints, which is not what I had been planning for, but should look pretty good for the CW 6e miniatures!

Anyone know if an ink-wash over metallic spray looks good? If not, what I can I do to bring out details?

The other product I had read about discussed here is sticky-back foam and felt sheets for building roads and scenery. I am not in any hurry to try that though. I will wait until I see how the 6e Road Tiles work out.
I've had so-so results using ink on top of metallic paint. For miniatures I generally drybrush metallic. I don't think that I'd spray paint them metal though.

The problem with a metallic spray paint is that the recesses will end up the same color as everything else, whereas you usually really only want the metal effect on the highlights.

It works out okay for things where you don't care a lot about the fine details - I've used it to paint Twilight Imperium game pieces and terrain bits for 40K, not to mention stuff I use to top trophies. So it would still be good for things like metal barriers and floors, for example.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote