View Single Post
Old 06-10-2019, 04:21 AM   #6
Nils_Lindeberg

Default Re: Death Test Revisited after 40 years

Quote:
Originally Posted by RVA_Grandpa View Post
If an illusion is forced to drop its weapons it disappears, not just its weapons.
I've never played it like that, and I can't find any statement to that effect. Do you have any references?

My take on it would be that when you cut an illusion in two, you either disappear one of the parts, or whatever cut it just passes straight through. Either way, you get a strong indication that it is an illusion since it behaves strangely.

In this case, the illusion could just have chosen to not drop the weapons, which would look odd, but could be explained away by the weapons being secured to the guy, or you could drop them according to the HTH rules which looks realistic until they disappear, which is also very odd. Either way, it gave the opponents a chance to disbelieve.

I haven't found any rule that makes the illusion go poof? You could say that the illusion behaves in such an impossible way that it goes poof by itself, like a pink flying elephant with a fez. But I am not sure this qualifies. Maybe a 2/IQ roll instead of a 3/IQ to disbelieve if you have a very good reason for disbelieving?
Nils_Lindeberg is offline   Reply With Quote