View Single Post
Old 03-06-2010, 03:47 PM   #12
cmdicely

Default Re: Allowing Technique Mastery with Dual-Weapon Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by trooper6 View Post
There are some Styles that have TM as a style perk. Capoeira and Chin Na, for example.
Capoeira has TM (Kicking). Chin Na has TM (Finger Lock). I was referring to TM (DWA).

Quote:
I just think if a GM doesn't want TM to exist, it would be more up front just to say so.
TM(DWA) is problematic; as indicated in my first post in the thread I'm generally inclined to disallow it generally, but I might be convinced that, particularly in a style that does not also include another TM perk that could be abusively stacked with it, it makes sense in a particular style.

I don't think TM in general is problematic, but since the perk specifically requires that it be applied to a technique on the list for the style, I wouldn't allow it to be taken as a general combat perk. I definitely wouldn't want TM not to exist, but I do want it to be limited to specific specialties that come with styles (which need not be published styles, of course, but they need to be styles -- in games that I'm running -- that I think make some kind of in-setting sense.)
cmdicely is offline   Reply With Quote