View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 03:43 AM   #44
Icelander

Default Re: Custody of federal prisoners convicted at court martial or unfit for trial

Quote:
Originally Posted by talonthehand View Post
I'm not sure how much it'll help you, but my stepdad was stationed at Fort Leavenworth. Certain prisoners were allowed to work at the stables on post (cleaning, that kind of thing - not riding or training), so there are off-site perks as well.
About what time period was he there?

Do you recall anything that could answer my all important question 're: Inmate access to soft drinks and brands thereof', i.e. has the character for whose background this is been deprived of Coca Cola for more than five years?

Or what kind of snacks or candy inmates could buy?

Stables would be nice, for the character in question. He has Animal Empathy and Animal Handling (Equines)*, so he likes horses. Well, he likes everybody, human or animal, but I guess horses might be a good change from former military sex offenders, occasional violent criminals and the odd drug conspiracy or massive fraud/chicanery offenders.

I guess it depends on how good at staying out of trouble someone with Intolerance (Bigots and Bullies) and limited Bad Temper related to abuse of the weak is going to be at USDB Ft. Leavenworth. I have a rather strong feeling that these Disadvantages will trigger nearly constant clashes with the most problematic inmates, as well as possibly with the more flawed correctional officers.

Intolerance means that he's not going to be able to hide his dislike, not to say contempt, from any guard with even slight tendencies toward abusing his authority. And he won't be able to stop himself from interfering with any inmate bullying weaker inmates, which is probably a good way to get in fights.

This means that it would be very unlikely that he'd manage to spend his sentence in minimum security or ever reach the status of a trustee. Unless the guards really are so professional, numerous and skilled that bullying just isn't tolerated, which would remove the trigger conditions.

*Though he's mostly about Animal Handling (Dogs).