View Single Post
Old 01-12-2018, 08:26 AM   #272
DouglasCole
Doctor of GURPS Ballistics

Default Re: December 26, 2017: The Fantasy Trip Returns Home

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carnifex View Post
This the big question isn't it, how many people will actually remember this game let alone how many are still playing it. It is well known there are game groups out there still playing the same game they were playing in 1980 and playing it with the same people. These gamers fly under the radar, they don't attend tournaments or conventions and probably have not been in a game store since Reagan was the President. It is impossible to know how many of these groups are out there, but I think this might be an interesting test of that market.
And who says that an adventure done by a third party would be only available for TFT?

When I wrote my DnD5e adventure Lost Hall of Tyr, I realized midway through that it would be trivial to convert it to the much-simpler Swords & Wizardry using parentheticals in the text itself. While other systems might require more extensive stat-block work, the hard part - adventure design, layout, art direction and procurement - is already done. It's by and large a straight-forward thing to convert a module's guts in spirit to another platform.
DouglasCole is online now   Reply With Quote