View Single Post
Old 01-06-2018, 07:54 PM   #42
gibberingmouther

Default Re: Dragon Ball Inspired "Ki" Hero

okay, i came up with some numbers for ki aura powered tactile TK, so now the only thing remaining (besides some ki blast numbers for ranges/one "sweeping" maneuver), is how to balance high levels of striking strength against lower levels of striking strength and lower levels of speed.

so with ki, striking strength and speed both increase at a regular rate. so far my rule is, for every 25 points of ki/maneuver you have, you get one extra attack or movement maneuver, and one extra parry. you still only get one ki blast maneuver per turn, but those deal more damage than strikes with limbs and represent keeping a beam on the target for 1 second at a time. that reminds me of having a penalty maybe to keeping a beam at the same location on tank armor for example to gradually wear it down ... maybe just a -2 penalty to the innate attack roll? hmmmm.... maybe you can throw "grenade" ki blasts at a faster rate, but limited to ki/maneuver for the entire turn? gets complicated. a good way to come up with stuff useful at higher power levels. like Goku does the grenade blast thing against Cell and wears him down a bit, and super Trunks did the same thing.

anyway, i'm not sure how to represent a lower power level or ordinary person trying to block a high level striking strength attack. one idea i had was that you could parry a striking strength up to twice your own striking strength. another was that you could parry one of up to 10 points higher than your own, and you take a -2 penalty to defense per 5 points difference. i'm not sure how to do this, block, parry, dodge vs. supers. i know i don't like the RAW.

i'm not sure about some of these rules, so any input is welcome!
gibberingmouther is offline   Reply With Quote