View Single Post
Old 11-27-2017, 08:04 PM   #7
CON_Troll

Default Re: Would You Support/Organize an OGRE Con?

Yeah, the more I think about it, running events at established cons (even small ones) would certainly be the way to go. Mind you, I would still love to see an "OGRECON" eventually. But I doubt enough of us have the expertise (and more importantly, time!) to organize one.

At this point, what I would love to start doing by sometime late next Summer, is to get with other Ogre players who DO have experience running OGRE at cons for some co-operative projects.

For example (starting in August next year) I can:
1) Offer my van for transport. Useful especially if you have lots of terrain and minis to transport. Also makes it comfortable for a good-sized group of us to travel in. Five people comfortably with quite a few square feet for cargo and personal luggage.
2) Offer to meet you at a con to help run your games. I DO have some con experience running OGRE. Anyone here remember "OGRE Macrotures" at Gencon in the 90s or DragonCon in 2000 and 2001?
3) Bring additional materials to your event. I have some plastic fold-up tables, shelving and other materials you might find useful.
4) Bring my minis and game materials to help bolster your forces for the event. I can email you and updated list of what I have and what is fully painted so that you can make plans in advance.

So, if any of this interests you, and you have any events for August 2018 or later, PM me and we'll see if I can be of assistance to you.