Thread: Tricorner Arena
View Single Post
Old 02-23-2015, 11:28 PM   #8
WilliamTetley

Default Re: Tricorner Arena

The darker grey areas are standard road/asphalt - no penalty to HC, but not "on the track"; the light grey are well-maintained racing track for the racing slick tires to take advantage of (NASCAR quality, I guess); the green in the middle is off-road. To be honest, this was my first arena in 20 years, I just wanted a weird one for my small (3-player, including me) group to have fun with. I ran it as a race, first team to 4 laps wins, or the surviving team (3 teams of 2, I ran 2 teams as NPCs: non-player cars). One player completed a single full lap (the winner). It quickly became your standard Car Wars slaughter, and it was lots of fun. Maybe 15 seconds game time.

I love the idea of hybrid events that possumknavel suggested. Cars on the track and OR vehicles (bikes and trikes?) on the grass. I'm definitely mentioning that to my guys.

Also, to K-Slacker, I haven't done anything with a hex-grid, but your arena looks very cool. Much smaller than what I did with this, tighter confines, lots of maneuvering. I'll also share it with my guys.

I appreciate the interest and questions. I almost forgot, the corner turrets change weapons based on events: pure racing events get flame-retardant foam sprayers, amateur night gets HRs launched at timid newbies hiding in the corners (they usually miss, but get in the fight, newbie), basically whatever gets the crowd cheering.
WilliamTetley is offline   Reply With Quote