View Single Post
Old 07-27-2018, 11:37 AM   #597
jason taylor

Default Re: 'Imperial Culture' (non-canonista)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveS View Post
Aha. I didn't realize that the animal was a creature from Traveller canon. In that case, a misnomer (intended by the author) makes sense.
It was an interesting creature in some ways but had no characteristics assigned to either it's biology or the ranch culture other then producing ivory. And according to the sketch being hexapodal and having status fights. Making my version a different breed allowed me freedom in that area. It also alowed me to put Kudy ranches on other planets besides Victoria. Of course the wiki does not say why there was no artificial transplant but the coloring of the ivory depends a lot on the feed, and ranchers have esoteric combinations. Presumably something about Victorian Flora effects that breed which may not effect a breed raised on another world.

Come to think of it there will probably be a number of Victorian breeds. Indeed the same would go with any other strain. It would probably be like wine where it is not only classified by region but several variations within, depending of course on the soil and climate.

Last edited by jason taylor; 07-27-2018 at 11:50 AM.
jason taylor is offline   Reply With Quote