View Single Post
Old 09-05-2017, 11:49 PM   #39
Tomsdad

Default Re: [Ultra Tech] Layering Armour

Quote:
Originally Posted by hal View Post
I've a guy in a cyberpunk campaign that wanted a "Armored Duster" coat. Using the Pyramid articles on armor, I designed one that was a MilTech Duster, that was 29/7 DR and weighed in at 9.1 lbs. The player was appreciative of it and was soooooo looking forward to its use in game play.

I guess the adage "If you're not paranoid yet, I'm not doing my job" for cyberpunk campaigns must have hit him about the time I said "Sure, it only takes 3 seconds to don the coat, 2 if you're willing to be quick about it and not zip it etc. But if it goes on in three, it can come off in three as well. At $11,000 retail value, said armor might sell for as little as 10% or as much as 25% at a pawn shop etc. Punk might look at you with an eye towards figuring out if you're easy to roll or not."

Any armoring material that can look like ordinary clothing is likely going to be mistaken for clothing, especially if people use ordinary cloth or synthetic cloth material instead of armoring material for what LOOKS like the Armored Duster Look. How many times will a punk get burned by ordinary clothing that the real deal is just an unpleasant surprise?

<shrug>

Then there are the "Designer Label" suits of armor. Same DR, but just look nicer. *cough* What player character is going to do that I wonder?
Hah nice, v.cyberpunk
Tomsdad is offline   Reply With Quote