View Single Post
Old 10-29-2009, 11:24 AM   #13
simulatoralive

Default Re: GURPS Community Campaign & Adventure Repository

Islands of War is a TL4 fantasy setting involving quite a number of islands in an arctic archipelago. Each island is heated volcanically to different temperatures, creating a plethora of environments.

The political atmosphere is highly charged, with many of the island kingdoms constantly on the brink of war. This should give the PCs a chance to affect things, for good or ill.

Here are some adventures from this setting that I'd suggest for a Dungeon Fantasy game (some re-tooling might be needed if you're not using Islands of War, but it shouldn't be too difficult):
Clearing the Gnomish Mines
The PCs are called in by a gnome clan to help deal with a sticky situation involving giant beetle people killing their miners.

Snow Day
While traveling, the PCs stumble across the Snow King, a snow-man demon, and his army of Demon Ninja Snowmen!

The Mercenaries (This will probably require more re-tooling than the others)
The PCs are called in to search for a load of missing people. After a following a few leads, they get hypnotized into paying for busting up a bar they didn't bust up...

The Syndicate Wants You, Dead
The PCs meet an enchanter who's just been paid a visit by the Enchanter's Syndicate for selling magic items too cheaply. He's "accidentally" broken all the fingers in his hand.

Foresight
The PCs meet a poor woman that's being tormented by Death himself.

Beginner's Luck (Not quite finished with this one, but it should be usable)
The PCs are hired to help a group of Rogue Modron adventurers to be better adventurers. All goes well except for the simple milk-run they're supposed to nurse-maid them through isn't quite so simple...

Return of the Nine
The adventure hook will require significant re-tooling, but the meat of the adventure should be usable. Anyway, a cave that used to belong to a group of nine Medusa witches has suddenly become a source of trouble, once more. No one sent in so far has come out, so the PCs are sent in to handle the situation.
Please note that I didn't use the GURPS magic system to build these adventures. I rolled my own magic system using a spells as powers approach, so spell casters will look a little odd to you, since all their spells are equipment (spell-book pages), instead of skills. Just poke around in the wiki a bit. It should become clear what's going on. Try the Rules page.

Islands of War is my fantasy campaign setting for GURPS. It includes Adventures.

Have trouble drawing dungeon maps? Try Inkscape and my Dungeon Template.

I'm building a video game.
simulatoralive is online now   Reply With Quote