View Single Post
Old 03-26-2019, 08:40 AM   #33
Bruno

Default Re: A list of all the DF monsters in Pyramid and elsewhere

For Dungeons on Automatic we have longer-term plans of having a semi-automatic "template" or "lens" system, which would hopefully handle combinatorial problems like the goos and demons - stat up the base, try to come up with CER modifiers for the options, and then present the user with "You face a Frawazzle Demon With Options Q and Z, CER 99 (GURPS Frawazzle, page XX)" (or whatever). At this time I would still be leaving it up to the GM to go get out GURPS Frawazzle and put the stats together, but I don't feel bad about that as I expect them to look up every monsters statistics.

"Leader type" is a lens presented with critters, like Foul Bats, and while you shouldn't see an encounter of Foul Bat Leaders*, they contribute to the CER of the encounter, so I'll be trying to deal with that at some point.

* I think right now the generator may actually populate a room with Foul Bat Leaders, but since it's still at the slightly cracked random-random stage I'm not sweating it. It's an encounter, whatevers.
Bruno is offline   Reply With Quote