View Single Post
Old 03-23-2019, 10:17 AM   #6
Plane

Default Re: Wait to Committed Attack

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anaraxes View Post
Committed Attack is allowed as one of the Maneuvers you can choose with Wait (MA108). You do have to specify in advance whether that's CA (Determined) or CA (Strong).

In that you have to specify the exact variant of the Maneuver, it is like All-out Attack. You don't have to specify hit locations or options like Rapid Strike, but you do have to choose the Determined/Strong type of "sub-maneuver".
"The new maneuvers Committed Attack (pp. 99-100) and Defensive Attack (p. 100) are both valid responses. If you choose Committed Attack, you must specify in advance whether it will be Determined or Strong." specifically.

I imagine that AOA (Long) from MA and CA (Long) from TG are both also valid Wait responses.

B366 doesn't mention Wait being able to transform into Concentrate. This makes me wonder, if you wanted to do Wait-like Concentrates as a mage, would Compartmentalized Mind be mandatory so that it could piggyback on an allowed maneuver...

Wait>Change Posture is also off the table (like Move or Move and Attack) which makes me wonder how Waits interact with stuff like Acrobatic Stand. Since that becomes a Change Posture on a failure, you shouldn't be able to Wait>Acrobatic Stand, but perhaps you could Acrobatic Stand>Wait?
Plane is offline   Reply With Quote