View Single Post
Old 12-16-2018, 02:38 PM   #916
ericbsmith

Location: Binghamton, NY, USA. Near the river Styx in the 5th Circle.
Default Re: GURPS Spaceships Design Spreadsheet

Quote:
Originally Posted by davester65 View Post
I've had a few ideas of options you could add to the spreadsheet if you like.

Make it so that lasers in weapons batteries smaller than major can have the phased array option. Also allowing some weapons other than lasers to have the phased array option (disintegraters and conversion beams say) at their base TL so as to make them closer to the phasers from Star Trek.
Maybe. I don't think that this will be too hard to implement.

Quote:
Allow drop capsules to be modified for occupants of different SM's. In the Starship Troopers novel the powered armor suits massed about 1 ton so would have been SM+2.
That's not a bad idea. Most other crew systems can be adjusted by SM of the occupants (habitats, bridge, etc), I see no reason why drop capsules shouldn't be either.

Quote:
I don't know if this is possible but how about having it so that a missile launcher can carry a smaller number of larger missiles than normal. Say if a launcher normally carried 10 of a certain size missile you could opt to carry 3 of the next size up and only 1 missile of 2 sizes larger. Or base the decreased number on the missiles mass. This would allow for having "torpedo bomber" type space fighters that just carry a single large missile.
The Missile Launcher system mass is divided evenly between the missiles and the launcher itself. This can be calculated based on the Mass Per Shot of missiles for a given Weapon Mount; 50% of the weight is devoted to missiles, 50% to the launcher. The Launcher alone for the "next size up" would mass 1.5x the mass of the entire weapon mount.
Kaboom-baya.
ericbsmith is offline   Reply With Quote