View Single Post
Old 07-17-2016, 06:20 AM   #12
WaterAndWindSpirit

Default Re: Gaming disasters

My personal disaster, or should I say trainwreck in *very* slow motion (that train wreck took about two years) was, well...

Our usual GM was not particularly stable. And he was a textbook narcissist.

His wife was a manipulative who was on par with him.

We had a mythomaniac who always had crazy stories like when he was asked to guard the house and dog of one of his rich friend, said dog had teeth of gold, and a burglar disguised as a telecoms technician in a white blouse came, he refused to open, the guy forced the door and the dog jumped on him, tore off his arm, and the guy grabbed back his arm and ran away... When he was telling this story to my mom and a friend of hers, they were successfully keeping a straight face by some miracle... And it says a lot that this guy was the most stable of the lot.

The last guy was a real-life example of a character with the Slave Mentality disadvantage.

Highlights includes:

The usual GM getting the guy with Slave Mentality to master a Warhammer game, where he spend the entire adventure taking baths and meals while we were investigating and he had the skills that would have allowed us to uncover the mystery.

Same guy getting the guy with Slave Mentality to GM Scion, then having a meltdown because "he had to roll too many dice" (yes, one pregen character rolls 16 dice every time he shoots with his pistol because he has that large a dice pool, Scion uses the storyteller system where the more you have in a skill, the more dice you roll, but still, he grabbed all the dice he could fit in his hand and violently threw them on the table, scattering half of them on the ground...).

Same guy getting a meltdown and smashing a keyboard on the ground because the computer was lagging.

Same guy running away from the first combat in an urban fantasy game I GM'ed, and then disguising himself as a golfer so he could hide a black market rocket launcher in his golf bag (he never had the opportunity to use it because the campaign ended when I left the group).

Not tabletop related, but same guy inviting the group, my mom and stepdad to a private party he got invites to from his work, telling us to dress well, getting every single one of us to show up at one of his client's house for something job related, and showing at the party dressed like Inspector Gadget if Inspector Gadget had a purple scarf he had stolen from a funeral wreath.

That same guy sending me a strongly worded SMS accusing me of faking sickness and always letting them down (especially jarring since I had spend a full week-end helping him at a convention stand because aside from his work he owned a tabletop RPG company, where I was the only one trying to get talk to people about the game (I had played it) while he was just drinking beer) after I stayed home for his wife's B-day party because I was sick and the last time I went there with a sore throat she was sick for 3 months.

I decided enough was enough and just left. I've been looking for a tabletop crew ever since.
WaterAndWindSpirit is offline   Reply With Quote