View Single Post
Old 01-21-2013, 11:51 PM   #2
Clipper

Default Re: Discarding/trading cards (Space Munchkin)

Quote:
Originally Posted by tremorlaine View Post
Ok, we just had the most messed up, Munchkinly, game of Munchkin that I've ever had. During this game quite a few questions were raised. Each will be posted separately.

When discarding cards to power the Mutants ability (discard 2 card from a deck to draw one more) can a player discard a Cheat! card that was already in play on an item and then another Door card to draw a new card?
Munchkinman has ruled in the past that you can't separate Cheat! in order to discard it. Thus, that sounds like an invalid play.

Quote:
Can a card such as Experimental be separated from the Item it is on to qualify as one of the two cards discarded? Same for Ship Enhancers?
All Enhancers are permanently attached (as per that thread I linked). You could discard a Ship and it's Enhancer at the same time as two cards, though.

Quote:
Lastly, when Player A is in combat (incidentally to win the game) can other players gut their own boards to funnel cards to a Mutant (who is not in combat himself) to power his ability and continuously get cards to look for combat modifiers? We ruled yes and this caused a very interesting end of the game where everyone ended up naked and shipless. )This tactic worked to block 2 different people from winning.)
I'd say yes, but upon reading the Mutant text in the Munchkin Thingies document, I notice that it says you cannot use the ability "during a combat". I believe this stops you using this power during any combat, not just during the combats you are physically in. This is different to the phrase "during combat" which does only count those combats you are fighting in.

If I'm wrong (Edit: I wasn't wrong, see MM's post below) about the "during a combat" thing, then it would seem to be a valid tactic. But the person who is actually fighting can probably claim he's left reasonable time enough if the first few cards don't help, just like with Munchkinomicon abuse.

Last edited by Clipper; 01-22-2013 at 04:54 AM.
Clipper is offline   Reply With Quote