View Single Post
Old 05-26-2010, 12:55 AM   #9
AMOE

Default Re: Munchkin Quest Flow Chart?

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMOE
#2; P1 may opt to run away from the monster instead, if he knows he won't be able to defeat it, or if he doesn't believe in his chances with the die roll.

I think you roll regardless... Not 100% sure why I think this...

By "his chances with the die roll" I meant, the one during combat, for the actual combat bonus to the combat strength of the player. You don't need to roll that die (or dice) if you decide to run away without even trying to fight the monster(s).

As for the DxM (Deus Ex Munchkin) card you draw from the Monster Die, I've mentioned that further down. It IS a long post, so it is possible to skip over it accidentally. It's at the end of the Monsters' Movement part.

For the using of the movement points to cross a junction though, I have to disagree. My instructions, albeit in french, don't specify that it has to be at the beginning of the turn, without having spent any movement tokens yet.

"Vous pouvez toujours traverser une sortie par tour de jeu, quel que soit son type, en dépensant tous vos Déplacements. Ceci est vrai même si votre valeur de Déplacement est de 0 à ce moment là."

Translated in english now;

"You can always cross an exit [junction] per turn, no matter what its type is, by spending all of your movement tokens. This is true even if you have 0 movement tokens at that point."

It may be yet another error of translation from the company who DID translate MQ from english to french (as I know there have been some elsewhere, such as on the Leperchaun monster), but my understanding is not that you need to be at "full movement" to use it, but rather, that you can use this ability at any time during your turn to move from room to room no matter how many movement tokens you have. The only thing I'm not certain about is if you can enter an unexplored room with this ability. There's nothing pointing against it as far as I know.

Last edited by AMOE; 05-26-2010 at 01:02 AM.