View Single Post
Old 12-08-2018, 06:17 PM   #10
malchidael

Default Re: How do you play TFT?

I got into gaming with Star Fleet Battles, Starfire, and a bunch of microgames (in fact, my mother purchased Treasure of the Silver Dragon for me, thinking it was a stand-alone microgame, and that's how I discovered TFT), so while I love running story-rich campaigns full of player choice and direction, when a tactical situation occurs, I want minis on a grid.

I don't always get to go as tactical as I'd like - it depends on my players (I have just placed a Traveller game on hiatus because of end-of-year workload, and with the player group I had, I only ran tactical combat a few times).

But, I still love the microgame-style games, and I'd love to see sets of tactical scenarios for Melee/Wizard in addition to more traditional RPG adventures.

I'm imagining a tactical campaign similar to Death Test/Death Test 2, but where your "victory condition" from the previous scenario can drive you down a separate branch (that is, you score 1-5 "victory points" in a scenario, your next scenario is "B", but if you score 6+, you go to scenario "C" instead).
malchidael is offline   Reply With Quote