View Single Post
Old 12-03-2018, 08:51 AM   #17
Shadekeep

Default Re: TFT Demon Summoning Tool

Quote:
Originally Posted by larsdangly View Post
This is really cool! What are the 'arts' demons teach supposed to mean? The ones I saw don't correspond to talents or spells, so what is supposed to happen when you learn one?
They are basically Mundane Talents that the player/GM can work out the roleplaying aspects of together. For example, someone who learns astrology could draw up natal charts or cast fortunes, though the GM would decide how accurate they are. Those fortunes might be no different that the broad-stroke scattershot astrology columns one finds in the newspaper, for example. But it could also help a player who wants to become a court wizard to a noble who puts great stock in astrology, too.

I drew most of the arts from the Key of Solomon, which is preoccupied with certain things like prestige and control over one's future, and thus has focus in those directions as to what demons can do for you. I added a few more arts that seemed like they fit into the mold. Basically it works out game-wise as "I wish I had this mundane talent". I personally see it as being a "free" talent, but each GM could interpret as they desire, or ignore that particular demonic aspect entirely.
Shadekeep is offline   Reply With Quote