View Single Post
Old 10-17-2015, 08:25 PM   #15
Magesmiley

Default Re: Unofficial Errata and FAQ List

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scorcho1108 View Post
Hello all,

I had a situation come up during my last game which involved me t-boning my friend while his car was in mid-roll. I hit him while he was on his right side, colliding with his top, while he was still in the process of rolling.

When something like this happens, how does it effect the roll? Does he continue rolling? Stop? Roll a different direction? Any help would be appreciated.
So... I think you might actually have had a head-on or rear-end rather than a T-Bone. There are some weird cases that might occur to make it a T-Bone when you moved and hit the top with the right side down, but for the general case of rolling it wouldn't be.

When a car is traveling in a direction other than forward, you want to shift the orientation around for figuring out sides for collision purposes. Treat the side in the direction the car is moving as the front for collision type determination (and the one on the right side of the direction of travel as the right, etc.). If the car was rolling towards your car when you collided, it would be a head on, if it was rolling away, it would be a rear-end. And if you hit on one of the sides at a tangent to the direction it is rolling, (in this case, the front or back) it would be a T-Bone). Sideswipes can happen too.

Resolve the collision pretty much as per normal. The biggest effect, after damage, that a collision will usually have is on the speed (adjust this normally). Apply hazards and make control rolls as normal. Apply fishtails (Crash Table 2 effects) to the position of the car normally. If you end up on Crash Table 1, only use the worst of the crash effects currently applying (so if he's rolling already, he keeps rolling unless the Crash Table 1 result is a roll and burn or a vault, in which case it becomes the worse effect).

There's a couple of topics here that probably should go into the unofficial FAQ:
1. If your direction of travel isn't in the direction the front of your car is facing, shift the sides for determining collision effects.
2. When multiple Crash Table effects apply to your vehicle, apply the worst one's effect.

I'll see about doing a better phrasing of the above two subjects, unless someone else wants to take a crack at it.

Watch your handling and remember to Drive Offensively!
Magesmiley is offline   Reply With Quote