View Single Post
Old 07-27-2017, 10:05 PM   #32
tshiggins

Default Re: my new campaign ideas

I find some of these quite interesting. Others, not so much.

Quote:
Originally Posted by whswhs View Post

(SNIP)

_1__ GURPS Mars [4th edition GURPS]: Carry on with the current campaign.
This would be the most fun, for me. Victorian adventure on an inhabitable Mars takes me right back to my childhood as a fan of Edgar Rice Burroughs, and GURPS does this sort of thing better than any other system.

Quote:
_2__ GURPS Space [4th edition GURPS]: A campaign about frontier life.
This could be a lot of fun, also, assuming everybody in the group understands that the whole point of this campaign is to develop a viable colony, and not go traipsing off into the High Lonesome all by themselves.

Quote:
_x__ GURPS Supers [4th edition GURPS]: A campaign about people with superhuman abilities.
If anybody could make a supers game that I might actually enjoy, it would be Bill. That said, I've never enjoyed any supers game I've ever tried, and that's largely because I dislike the genre, rather intensely, as an RPG game. Best to just take a bye, on this one.

Quote:
_4__ Mage: The Ascension [2nd edition]: A campaign about secret magic in the modern world.
I'm already running a campaign with this as a central theme, so I'd really prefer to do something different. I'm also pretty hesitant about WoD's system. It just seems too clunky. I've never really cared for it.

Quote:
_3__ Sorcerer (part of the World of Darkness): A campaign about the slow failure of civilization.

(SNIP)
I've tried to run a couple of campaigns with this as the premise, because it always seemed pretty cool, to me. I like the Emberverse books, quite a bit, as well as Ariel, by Steven R. Boyett.

That said, this would probably move up to slot 2, if it used GURPS.
tshiggins is offline   Reply With Quote