View Single Post
Old 03-01-2019, 09:16 PM   #138
DreadDomain

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by naloth View Post
My initial thought would be to increase his base Speed such that he could reliably "Power" defend using Permeation when he can't normally dodge. It gives him a way to counter large area attacks and even fits with what he's done in comics to avoid explosions and big things thrown at him.

Also, if his last maneuver is AoD he can Dodge with half move instead of just his step distance. He still would have to watch for "Wait" attacks, but it's a minor concession.
In my current write-up (with a Reduced Talent), his power dodge is 16. However, to do what you suggest (which is an excellent idea), I would need to change Permeation with Insubstantiability.

Quote:
Really, 2d or less is probably good enough as long as he can do enough of them. The mega punch is "meh". I'd instead have him trade off (as an AA) ATR for a more powerful lightning speed bolt that doesn't do damage as much as it is a massive electrical surge (stun). After all, stun would give him something Supes and WW don't have while 12d damage is inferior to either of their regular attacks.
Do you mean that it is "meh" compared with the damage WW or Superman do? If so, this is what I was looking for. Superman (17d+1 cr) and Wonder Woman (14d+2(2) cut) are supposed to have more raw punching power. Still at 9d, he lightning punches like a LAW and his Speed Bolt at 12d has both Stunning and Surge as side-effects. Are you suggest it should be more for both?

Quote:
My thought is that he should have enough ST (though it can just be lifting ST) to run at full speed carrying a 200lb man. He rescues/transports people quite often, sometimes carrying multiple people if necessary, but usually one at a time.
Yes, I am down playing his massive speed to give him a bit more fire power, ST and steps :)
DreadDomain is offline   Reply With Quote