View Single Post
Old 02-25-2019, 02:49 PM   #135
naloth

Default Re: GURPS Supers Alternatives

Quote:
Originally Posted by DreadDomain View Post
Correct and it's not enough. I am rebalancing some powers and I am aiming at getting him a Step of 16 (8 at the worse). With his ATR (reduced by 1), it will give him a lot of coverage to attack, disarm, etc half a dozen target in a single second without using Move and Attack.
I stated step wrong above. It should be 1/10th move (round down). Don't know why I was treating it as 1/5th.... Too much time working with AAs I suppose ;)

My initial thought would be to increase his base Speed such that he could reliably "Power" defend using Permeation when he can't normally dodge. It gives him a way to counter large area attacks and even fits with what he's done in comics to avoid explosions and big things thrown at him.

Also, if his last maneuver is AoD he can Dodge with half move instead of just his step distance. He still would have to watch for "Wait" attacks, but it's a minor concession.

Quote:
I double checked and I believe what you call Instant Regeneration is actually called Regeneration (Very Fast) in GURPS 4E. It costs 100 points and regenerates 1 HP a second. This is what I gave him.
Yes, my 3e terminology leaks in from time to time. Very Fast is where I would put him.

Quote:
Regarding damage, what would you believe is appropriate? In my working revised version he punches for 4d up to 6 times a second of 9d once a second. He can also speed bolt for 12d.
Really, 2d or less is probably good enough as long as he can do enough of them. The mega punch is "meh". I'd instead have him trade off (as an AA) ATR for a more powerful lightning speed bolt that doesn't do damage as much as it is a massive electrical surge (stun). After all, stun would give him something Supes and WW don't have while 12d damage is inferior to either of their regular attacks.

For a more comic book version, you could also give him a Permeation or Insubstantial Affliction. It's a nasty attack to get vibrated out of your super suit...

Quote:
About carrying stuff, in my working revised version he can carry stuff up to ST 14 while runnng. Still too low.
My thought is that he should have enough ST (though it can just be lifting ST) to run at full speed carrying a 200lb man. He rescues/transports people quite often, sometimes carrying multiple people if necessary, but usually one at a time.

Quote:
Regarding Warp. I had looked into it previously and I don't believe this is the appropriate mechanic (if feels really forced for Super-Running) and I prefer Enhanced Move by far.
Sure, it's a flavor thing.
naloth is offline   Reply With Quote