View Single Post
Old 10-07-2017, 04:55 PM   #552
Prince Charon

Default Re: Five Earths, All in a Row

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
What are you thinking for his motivations? Is he just a black sheep who despises his family, or does he actually have goals or an ideology?
He's a misogynist with a serious madonna-whore complex (his dead mother, he views as perfect, all other women, he sees as whores, and especially despises those who do not 'know their place,' and seeks to push them into said place; Wonder Woman really pisses him off). He was a bit of a jackass growing up, though on the other hand, he was a jackass partly because his family mostly didn't like having an ugly dwarf bearing their name. Only his mother, while she was alive, treated him the way he thinks he should have been treated, though few of the adults or older children were directly cruel to him.

The worst he suffered physically was from his cousin William (later Congressman William Cizko), who threw him out of a second-story window into a rose bush, after Edgar tried to telepathically force William to hurt William's younger sister, after said sister insulted Edgar (William had been on Edgar's side up until then, but trying to mind control him, and doing that to force him to strike a girl, especially his sister, was unforgivable). Mostly, the abuse was emotional, and more often took the form of emotional neglect and avoidance, which got worse as Edgar got more disagreeable. Puberty was not kind to him, especially arriving not so long after his mother's death. The fact that his family kept a third eye out to make sure he wasn't mind-controlling people into sex did not make him more fond of them.

If I write up Charles or William, I'll also need to write up the family's Code of Honor (that Edgar violates enthusiastically), but you can generally think of them as 'mostly good (or at least, non-evil) telepaths, though not necessarily adventurous ones.' It's just unfortunate that they also happen to be mostly snooty rich people who care more than they need to about how the family looks to Society.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tshiggins View Post
Also, you mentioned sleep deprivation. Did you come through the hurricane, okay?
Yes, I did. Better than expected, certainly, and better than a lot of others, but I'm glad we were overprepared, rather than underprepared.

"The more corrupt a government, the more it legislates."
-- Tacitus

Five Earths, All in a Row. Updated 12/17/2022: Apocrypha: Bridges out of Time, Part I has been posted.

Last edited by Prince Charon; 10-08-2017 at 03:30 PM.
Prince Charon is offline   Reply With Quote