View Single Post
Old 01-07-2018, 08:19 AM   #1
tbeard1999

Default Fantasy Trip Glitches, Contradictions, Ambiguities

Let’s catalog the list of glitches, ambiguities, contradictions, clumsy implementations, and glaring omissions that we think exist in the TFT rules.

I propose that we list the items and limit proposed fixes to a single sentence. See my initial list below for examples. I also urge that we avoid debates in this thread. If you strongly disagree that something is a problem, say “I disagree that this is a problem” and move on. If it’s really interesting to you, start a new thread.

My initial list:

Boomerangs. I suggest they be nerfed so that they aren’t superior to light crossbows and to avoid swarms of disgusting, filthy, cowardly hobbit flingers.

Bolos. I suggest an immediate ST save so that filthy, disgusting cowardly hobbits can’t bolo giants.

General comment - review all automatic effects (i.e. that have no saving throw) and confirm that they aren’t subject to abuse. Because filthy, cowardly hobbits will abuse them Take my word for it.

Polearms. Nerf the Pole Ax (and maybe others) so that it isn’t superior to the battle ax in every situation.

Are charge attacks too strong?

Explain better the options for figures who have both the Two Weapons talent and the Fencing talent.

Does the DX increase from Missile Weapons talent also apply when determining how often the firer can shoot?

Does the DX adjustment for making an aimed shot also apply when determining how often the forer can shoot?

Replace the “add dice as difficulty increases” mechanic with modifiers.

Harmonize the multiple hit location charts or at least explain why they should be kept separate.

Consider some limit on the amount of ST that can be used in missile spells. If you think that such a limit is appropriate, increase the cost rather than impose an absolute limit. I.e., it takes 2 ST per extra die over 5 dice or somesuch.

Revise death and dying so a character does not die at ST 0.

Healing spells. Please.

Should wizards really die if ST drops to zero from spellcasting?

Make it clear that the jobs table is subject to GM discretion. Make the consequences of failing a job roll potentially fatal to any character no matter how strong he is.

Define experience costs in terms of extra attribute points. This keeps races that start with fewer points but considerable innate advantages (i.e., filthy hobbits) from dominating the game.

Please - no purple Speedos on the men. Pretty please. But bell bottoms are okay and likely even legally required.

Claim to have hidden a silver statue somewhere and fill the rules with clues as to its location. Put a note in the location that says “April Fool’s” and keep the statue.

Last edited by PK; 01-08-2018 at 07:35 AM.
tbeard1999 is offline   Reply With Quote