View Single Post
Old 10-11-2017, 09:49 AM   #359
Mister Ed

Default Re: List of all promo cards

I'm kind of curious whether these promos actually have a measurable effect on sales. I'd just as soon they stop pumping out mass quantities of promos altogether, and put out a few new boosters or something if they've got this many "extra" card ideas.

Do all these promos actually end up equating to new sales of core sets? I don't think I've ever bought ANY game just because I got a promo for it. Demoed it, sure. I've bought plenty of games on the strength of a good demo experience (which SJG's MIB program excells at!), but promos? Never. As far as I can tell, promos seem to mean the most to people that already HAVE the games in question. (Though obviously the folks at SJGames have far more marketing experience than I do, so the fact that they not only continue making promo cards, but have ramped up to the current extreme levels, indicates that my feelings on the subject MUST not be typical.)

I can actually understand the bookmark promos more than the promo cards, as people can actually use a bookmark without a game, and it then serves as a constant reminder of that game. Plus the crazy instructions on the back of the bookmark do more to actually paint a picture of the wacky play experience of a Munchkin game.

Last edited by Mister Ed; 10-11-2017 at 11:34 AM.