View Single Post
Old 11-19-2016, 05:27 PM   #12
Gnomasz

Default Re: [DF] Why do Wizards have 12 Dexterity?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bruno View Post
Dungeon Fantasy templates aim to be pretty optimized because otherwise that one guy who gets permission to build off template makes other people look bad.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mailanka View Post
even your most non-physical characters in a genre like DF will want at least a point in some combat skills (ideally one armed at an unarmed) and will want at least a point in Stealth. We want these ideally at decent levels, and high levels of DX makes that easier. We could, of course, lower our DX and spend more points in our combat skills and Stealth, but there's a questionable trade-off there, given the other factors we have floating around.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Flyndaran View Post
DF characters don't really have dump stats like D&D classes usually do. They have super and merely good traits.
I guess my doubts lie somewhere here. I get the benefits: a wizard is a well rounded character with some flexibility in advancement. I just didn't expect that from DF. Knight and Swashbuckler are combat monsters with no real flexibility in brains, so I expected Wizards to be spellcasting monsters with no flexibility in brawn.
I guess I just need to put a bit more thought into balancing encounters.