Thread: Thief's Steal
View Single Post
Old 04-29-2013, 12:43 PM   #3
MunchkinMan

Default Re: Thief's Steal

Quote:
Originally Posted by beefsteak View Post
Hi! Can the thief discard a stolen item to use his steal ability again? I got confused because when I searched for answers, some say he can, some say he has to discard from his hand.
I'm not sure who may have said that, but I can assure you that it wasn't Andrew or me, and we're the ones who deliver the official rulings.

At any rate, the rules actually say that you may discard a card from those you have in play or from your hand to power a class ability that requires a discard (like the Thief's theft ability). Since the rules say that cards override the rules, certain Classes specify from where cards can be discarded (for example, the Cleric may only discard cards from his hand for his resurrection ability, and the Wizard must discard his entire hand to charm a Monster) that override that general rule. The Thief, however, does not, so the general rule that you can discard from your hand and from those cards in front of you applies. However, remember that you can't discard the Thief to steal something, since you immediately lose the abilities, benefits, and disadvantages of a Class when you discard it.
MiB #1029
MunchkinMan is offline   Reply With Quote