View Single Post
Old 01-02-2018, 12:56 PM   #9
Phantasm

Default Re: Marvel/DC World-Character Supers Building

Quote:
Originally Posted by Drakyrias View Post
Though I would like a post Carol Danvers encounter version of Rogue.
Quick and easy way: Take the power set I cooked up for Doctor Minerva, including the 50-ton Strength lens, remove the energy blasts, give Rogue some Resistance to Telepathy (+8, I'd say) and Split Personality (to represent taking on some of Carol's personality traits, including 0-point features such as her accent), and finish it off some of Carol's skills.

Quote:
Looking through it I did just note that Griffin seems to be without any actual stats?
I'm still working on a number of them, including Griffin. One thing with the PDF is that any entry whose name is in italics is still "under development". He shouldn't be too hard to figure out; I'm still working on his bio, which I always try to get done before starting on stats.

Quote:
I'm also kind of uncertain how to handle gods dynamics. Since I'm doing a mashup of DC and Marvel, one of the features of gods in DC is that deities feed on the energies of the things they are gods over (which is why Ares is so much more powerful when near active conflict sites).
I'd probably use Higher Purpose - possibly even a leveled variant - to give the gods a bonus.

(To be honest, I'm amused by the possibility of Marvel!Herc being Wonder Woman's dad (since Herc was the last - and possibly only - man Hippolyta slept with in the few days immediately prior to her death and resurrection). I don't like the "Zeus is Diana's father" bit, as it smacks of someone at DC not knowing the myth of how Hippolyta died during Herc's labor to retrieve her golden girdle. Having the lovable lout that's Marvel!Herc realizing he's got a surviving daughter who he never knew about for 3000 years and trying to do some father-daughter bonding with a daughter whose attitude toward men tends to be "are you kidding me?" just brings a smile to my face.)

"But mom, I don't wanna go back in the dungeon!"

The GURPS Marvel Universe Reboot Project A-G, H-R, and S-Z, and its not-a-wiki-really web adaptation.
Ranoc, a Muskets-and-Magery Renaissance Fantasy Setting

Last edited by Phantasm; 01-06-2018 at 09:07 AM.
Phantasm is offline   Reply With Quote