View Single Post
Old 03-01-2016, 06:17 PM   #3
Andrew Hackard
Munchkin Line Editor

Default Re: Fantasy hypothetical dream Munchkin sets thread

Damon is correct when it comes to specific card ideas (although if you're merely suggesting an obvious name from a licensed property, we aren't going to worry about it too much). Card ideas are ALWAYS better on the Card Suggestions page. Do not use the Card Suggestions page for SET suggestions, however; we routinely delete those.

As for game ideas, it is extremely unlikely, but not impossible, that you might suggest an idea we haven't already thought of. Right now, we are happy to let USAopoly handle licensed Munchkin games other than the ones, such as Pathfinder, that we are already handling ourselves. So a new license idea is not something we're likely to take up, regardless of how good the idea may be. And our schedule is MORE than full with the non-licensed ideas that we've already generated; 2017 is filling up quickly, and today I asked our project manager to put something on the schedule for mid-2018.

To be blunt, it has been a long time since I saw a game or expansion idea here that was practical and was something we hadn't previously thought about. We brainstorm ideas all the time and our Wanna Do list is far longer than our Able To Do list can handle. We have a lot of fantastically creative people on our team, all thinking all the time about new things we can add to the Munchkin line.

I'm not trying to discourage anyone from presenting ideas, but we won't be commenting on them here (for legal and practical reasons) and the chances that any of them will ever come to fruition are slim.

Let people like what they like. Don't be a gamer hater.

#PlayMunchkin on social media: Twitter || Facebook || Instagram || YouTube
Follow us on Kickstarter: Steve Jackson Games and Warehouse 23
Andrew Hackard is offline   Reply With Quote