View Single Post
Old 06-21-2013, 07:24 AM   #50
Varyon

Default Re: [HT][TS]Tactics for realistic suppressors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ulzgoroth View Post
I'm not okay with the GM's judgement defining an arbitrary duration after losing consciousness in which a character is not actually unconscious.
How about basing it off MoF? 5 or more means instant unconsciousness, 3-4 means fading consciousness (a chance to make a noise for a few seconds), 1-2 means mere incapacitation (you don't fall unconscious until you fail again). For death, 5 or more means instant death (no sound beyond falling), 3-4 means a noisy death (unless restrained from making noise), 1-2 is a Mortal Wound, as normal.

Quote:
If you need BL 80 to do it with one arm, you need BL 40 to do it with two, don't you? Sentry removal is an ST 15 minimum activity? Also, you should evidently freely allow anyone to automatically escape most grapples by falling over.
80/40 is probably a bit excessive for simply holding up a collapsing body, but properly (i.e. leaving no ability to make noise) restraining someone with only one arm should probably require a good deal more than double the BL necessary to do it with two, simply because two arms makes it more than twice as easy to restrain someone.

Quote:
In that case, you can't pull it off at all, can you? In the first second, you certainly need to assume the sentry is dangerous, but you can't use both hands to grapple unless you're planning to rip out his throat with your teeth.
In the first second, the sentry is probably going to be mentally stunned if you managed to sneak up on him, but beyond that you have no guarantee. If he isn't mentally stunned (say, thanks to him being alerted to your presence and having Combat Reflexes), you still have a better chance of keeping him restrained one-armed for one second than you do for keeping him restrained one-armed for the amount of time it takes to stab him to death. Personally, I'd also rule that dedicating an entire round to restraining someone (as opposed to restraining someone while making an Attack action) should probably give a bonus to doing so, regardless of the number of arms involved.
Varyon is offline   Reply With Quote