View Single Post
Old 04-27-2013, 12:46 PM   #5
Dinadon

Default Re: Turns and defending

Quote:
Originally Posted by jtsmith1287 View Post
So, the Basic Sets seems to use the word "turn" rather loosely. I've noticed that a turn can be the one second where a PC acts, and a turn is also the entire round of combat, since the entire round is in fact just one second that everyone acted in.

So my question is clarification on defending. You may only block once per turn. So, I'm assuming this means that if two people are attacking the same PC then that PC only can block one of those attacks. They could also parry, but at a penalty for each attack, correct? And dodging, if I'm not mistaken, can be done against any number of attacks and any point during the "round". Am I right? Also, you can only do an acrobatic or retreating dodge once per "round", so does that mean that once a player has done that they also forfeit their other active defenses, since it takes up that entire maneuver? So, if two NPCs attack a PC, and the PC acrobatically dodges the first, he/she cannot attempt to defend against the second attack, or is it that they just can't dodge that second attack... or something else entirely...?

When answering, for my sake, please refer to turn as a characters active turn, and a round in reference to the entire sequence of turns. That way I don't get confused again with answers and am still in the same boat as before, haha. Thanks!
There's no such thing as a round in GURPS. A character's defences reset when he starts his next turn.

It would probably help if you could point to the actual bits of text that leading to your confusion.
Dinadon is offline   Reply With Quote