View Single Post
Old 02-09-2019, 11:19 AM   #6
industrialchild

Default Re: Combining Car Wars and Family Business

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenmp View Post
Dec, 8, 2035 -- The Houston Free Oilers today held their bloodiest annual ritual, "The Presidential Power Duel." The duel was created to elect a president for the controversial and sometimes radical Houston-based chapter of the American Autoduel Association. Duellist Jeff Ferris emerged victorious when he accelerated to high speeds to engage the last competitor, Bill Maurer, at close range.

The annual duel has long been a source of controversy and scandal since its inception, and this year was no different. Would-be candidate Draper Kauffman was found slain in the front seat of his red '34 Hammer, which was parked in the pit area. Evidently Kauffman, who was not wearing his body armor, was killed, as he was preparing his vehicle for the election, by a limpet mine under his dashboard. According to Sheriff Grissly, the death appeared to be an assassination. He said, "They done it real clean, professional-like. He (Kauffman) never had a chance." Last year, the election was marked by violent confrontations between two of the Free Oilers' Special Interest Groups (SIGs), the Shoot Straight Slate and the Flaming Oilers.

AADA News. Autoduel Quarterly: The Journal of the American Autoduel Association. Vol. 4, No. 1. Spring 2036 (1986). Steve Jackson Games. pp. 37-38.
That is amazing! I'll definitely look into getting more ADQ in the future. I've thoroughly enjoyed the two issues I've read thus far!
industrialchild is offline   Reply With Quote