View Single Post
Old 02-05-2019, 08:09 PM   #26
TheAmishStig

Default Re: Starting to Play Car Wars

Quote:
Originally Posted by owenmp View Post
TheAmishStig,

I have several photos of MageSmiley's Car Wars Tournaments at Dragonflight and OrcaCon, including photos of the Turning Keys and "Angle Sticks." (Each time I take photos of those events I give my photos to MageSmiley after the tournaments.) I can e-mail them to you. Send me your e-mail address in a private message.

Update: I have two photos of the "Angle Sticks" or "Angle Keys" from Dragonflight 2018 ready for you.
Pictures received. Thanks much!

Those are very similar to what I ended up making a couple years ago...the big difference is that on those the inner and outer edges aren't parallel, and because mine are made for 2X they're a good deal smaller. I don't use the inside often, but it's nice to have for those situations where the stick will only fit after the forward part of movement (make a move straight ahead, rest the stick against the rear edge, then spin the car until the side edge makes contact)...or for fishtails, starting with the nose in contact instead.

I'd also sketched out but not had time to cut a 'Spinout' guide, shaped like an F if the lower bar was facing the wrong way.
MIB Agent #0460
Ogre 134th Battalion

Lancaster, PA
Imgur: https://agent0460.imgur.com/

Last edited by TheAmishStig; 02-06-2019 at 11:45 AM.
TheAmishStig is offline   Reply With Quote